TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Third Parties
- Controlling Your Personal Data
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Contact Information
- International Data Transfer
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you when you use the Service. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account on myMOODaily, we may store and use your full name, email address, and other information you may provide with your accounts, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account in the myMOODaily application myProfile screen. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal sending a request to email@example.com.
- Public Content: The information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption within the myMOODaily application. It represents mainly your name and profile picture. All the other information shared with other users, you can manage via the application functionality.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other myMOODaily users, and myMOODaily itself. You can manage some of your messaging preferences in the myMOODaily application functionality or your phone security settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from myMOODaily. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from myMOODaily or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the myMOODaily application in iOS privacy settings.
|Processes||Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service.|
|Advertising||Intended to make advertising more relevant to users and more valuable to advertisers.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service.|
Managing Cookies: It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. For flash cookies, you can manage your privacy settings by clicking here. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on, advertisements.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good-faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property.
- Links: The Service may contain links to unaffiliated third party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service. Users can also use the Find Friends feature to find one another based on their names.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keeping them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, myMOODaily may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to the use of the Service.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via the mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER